$40 registration includes a t-shirt and any needed Bible study materials
What is a Life Group?
A Life Group is the best place to get connected at SSM! The purpose of a Life Group is to learn more about God, grow closer to Him, form meaningful relationships with other students and adult leaders and have a blast doing it! Groups will spend time laughing, praying, learning, and serving together.
It is a safe place for the real you! Here’s the deal:
- You’re placed in a group with 5-10 students of the same grade & gender
- A caring adult leader or two guides you through the year
- Meet Tuesday or Wednesday nights from 6:30-8 p.m. in a host home
- Study the Bible, talk about life, serve the community, and have tons of fun together!
- Everyone in a Life Group must sign a covenant committing to showing up, digging into the Bible, being authentic with group members, and confidentiality.
When and Where do Life Groups meet?
Life Groups meet once during the week at individual host homes. Usual meeting times are from 6:30 – 8 p.m. on Tuesdays or Wednesday nights. Life Groups meet from October 8, 2017 - May 23, 2018.
What does a typical night look like?
Each Life Group will look different, but a typical night will look something like this: snacks / hang out / Bible study / discussion / prayer. Being involved in a Life is an awesome time to grow closer to God. What better way to do this than by reading and studying the Bible? Every Life Group follows a gender/grade curriculum path designed by the SSM team.
Who are my Life Group Leaders?
SSM has incredible adult volunteers who have been screened and well trained to lead your teen. They are super excited and are ready to serve your middle school and high school student. Our SSM leaders are here to encourage, teach, guide, and help strengthen your teen’s walk with Christ. Life Groups may create the most significant relationships of your teen’s middle school and high school years.
Interested in becoming a leader? Email our Life Group Coordinator Cheryl@CherylLynch.com for more info!
What is the Life Group Commitment?
Being part of a Life Group is a privilege and an amazing time! We expect each Life Group member to commit to the following:
- Come to group prepared, equipped with a Bible, a pen, a notebook and a good attitude.
- Respect your Life Group leaders. They are giving you their time because they WANT to minister to you.
- Respect and be kind to others in your group.
- Respect your designated space. Help clean-up your room at the end of every night.
How do I sign up?
We are excited you want to be a part of Life Groups! On-line registration will be live beginning July 30, 2017.